IS THE HOMEPAGE for what will be several thousand
digital images of the Sandino
rebellion and US Marine intervention in Nicaragua. Photos &
images are organized and presented in two main ways: By
collection & repository,
and by theme.
COLLECTIONS & REPOSITORIES.
In time this website will include photos & images
from the following collections & repositories:
NATIONAL ARCHIVES, RG127, WASHINGTON D.C.
NATIONAL ARCHIVES II, COLLEGE PARK, MD
3. MCRC: MARINE CORPS RESEARCH CENTER, QUANTICO, VA
4. USDS: UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF STATE, MICROFILM
5. LOC: LIBRARY OF CONGRESS, EDSON PAPERS, UTLEY
6. RAC: ROCKEFELLER ARCHIVE CENTER
7. WCS: COLLECTION OF WALTER C. SANDINO
8. MJS: COLLECTION OF MICHAEL J. SCHROEDER
9. READERS: READER CONTRIBUTIONS
10. PUBS: PUBLISHED MATERIALS
Photos & images are also clustered by the following themes:
1. AIR WAR
2. ATLANTIC COAST
& COCO RIVER
4. GROUND WAR
5. LIBERALS, CONSERVATIVES & CIVIL WAR
7. LAS SEGOVIAS
8. URBAN LIFE
9. MARINES &
10. YEAR OF PEACE
(FEB 1933-FEB 1934) & AFTERMATH
These categories appear in the navigation box (above & below) that
appears on every Photo-Docs page.
Each photograph is identified by a unique alpha-numeric code, as
follows: [collection]-[website page
no.].[no. of photo on that page]. For example:
USNA2-3.4 is located in
the USNA2 collection, on
the 3rd page, the
4th photo down.
TOP OF PAGE